Background

Click any photo in a post to enlarge. To leave a comment, click a post's title or post date.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 23

Took a bunch of the suspension parts out in the driveway and treated with de-greaser and a hose.  Maybe half of the gunk came off.  I have since borrowed a pressure washer and will make another attempt.  I had just moved the stuff back in the garage when I received my first parts delivery - tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings.  (How's that for timing?)  When I tried to find bushings for the rear suspension, though, I hit a brick wall.  Not even the specialty places carry them.  The trailing arm bushings I could clean up and re-use with confidence, and the main support bushing is still (barely) serviceable.  I really would like to do the job right, though, while all the parts are easy to get to.  I have one more lead I am trying to run down. . .

I also cleaned up the emergency brake handle assembly.



(By the way if you are wondering "what's with the ugly green background?", the cabinets and counter tops in my garage are the former casework from the kitchen in my old house.  You'll be seeing a lot of those beauties till I'm done!)