Background

Click any photo in a post to enlarge. To leave a comment, click a post's title or post date.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 18

Picked up some coil spring compressors today, and got the front springs and support arms off.  Also got the rear springs, axle, and support bars off.  To do so I also had to free both the emergency brake lines and the brake fluid lines.  The brake fluid lines gave me as much of a workout as any task to date as they fought me the whole way out.  The emergency brake was more a problem-solving exercise.  The lines go along the floor board, under the gas tank baffle, and then under/through a metal bracket welded to the floor pan.  I'm not sure what had them locked up, but I could not get the cables through the welded bracket.  finally had to remove the handle and guard from the grinder to get it into the confined space and grind off the sides of the bracket until I could peel it up with a screwdriver enough to slip the cables through.


Sonetts have a nylon retaining strap that limits the travel on the rear suspension.  I think mine need replacement. . .